In this DVD Lachlan Davey interviews Ken Davey who is a 3x International Rowing coach on how to coach athletes from a beginner through to an advanced level.
This DVD is focused on Coaching the Rowing Coach with tips for getting the best out of your rowers as well as highlighting the many pitfalls along the way. Ken answers questions about coaching rowing drawing on his experience of coaching under 14 Rowers through to his U23 World Championship Win.
Questions which are answered:
- How did you get into coaching rowing?
- Where do you start when it comes to teaching athletes to row?
- What are the most important this when coaching beginner rowers through to elite athletes?
- How do you coach the specific parts of rowing and what is their importance? (Ergos, weights, flexibility, core, fitness, rigging and gearing, boat selection and racing)
- How does the athletes mindset come into rowing and what are some of the ways you deal with the related problems that arise?
- What is the importance of a good rowing/work/social balance?
- What are some of the problems which arise with body image and weight loss and how can you help solve these issues?
- What are your best and worst coaching experiences?
Produced by Decent Rowing.