Many coaches use drills and exercises to teach good technique. We had an enquiry about what the best known exercises and drills are for rowing and sculling.
Here’s a summary of articles we have written and recent blog posts about drills and exercises.
Most of these can be done on the Rowperfect or RP3.
Was there something specific you wanted an exercise for?
- Core Strength for Rowing and Dynamic Exercises with Videos
- Getting ready to teach drills and exercises
- An introduction to core strength – static exercises
- Slide progression from frontstops exercises
- Arms and Body exercises
- The biomechanics behind rowing exercises
- Fingers flat on the recovery exercises
- Rowing coaching drills
- Interview with Ben Hunt Davis on how the Olympic 2000 crew used drills and Rowperfect
There is also a category on the blog just for Exercises and Drills – you’ll find lots more there
For Coxswains to learn exercises
And here are some videos for Coxswains to listen to which may help you give clarity when calling drills
- Single strokes pausing at half slide
- Legs only rowing
- First five strokes of the start with pauses to learn slide length accuracy
- Pausing at half slide in 6s with blades at 45 degree feather