I have a 6k test this week – any advice on preparing for it?
Yes, plan the following
- Know your target time and associated split
- if you want someone yelling at you (tell them what you like)
- practice three things
– get off the start and onto your target split fast
– pushes to get back onto split if it fades
– how to row really economically in the middle 2k to conserve energy but still hit your split
- lastly, know what you will do if your pushes don’t get split back e.g. go up in rate. So have a plan for if it goes well and a plan for if it doesn’t.
Get better at 2k tests read Ergometer Testing for Rowers ebook.