Here’s a quick check list for you to ensure you haven’t forgotten anything for your training camp
- Kit – how much to take? Allow three complete changes of clothing per day and one day to dry it out if raining therefore 6 row suits/shorts/tees/leggings
- Socks – as many as you have. Wet socks are dire.
- Running shoes – for erging or cross training.
- Hats – woolly and a cap or two
- Rowing Gloves if you think you’ll need them
- Wet weather outer wear (some of us can’t bear splash tops for rowing)
- A Daily Rowing Training Diary for you to record your training and wellbeing (download from link).
- Tools – spanners are essential
- Reading material – find a nice rowing book….or an e book
- Mat for stretching / sleeping in the airport / emergency after hours action
- Music, games, videos
- At least 3 changes of clothes and two waterproof jackets.
- Tools – include adjustable spanner, tape measure and screw driver
- Spare batteries for everything (speed coaches, cox box)
- Inspirational reading matter – here’s a list of some good resources for coxswains
- Stop watch, megaphone, full tool box including pitch gauges and rigging tools
- Laptop with all the software you need to analyse performances
- Videos of good rowing
- Maybe a guide to good rigging….
- Video camera or smartphone loaded with Coaches Eye or similar
Now, what have we forgotten?