You’re a cox – here are all the tools you need to become better at what you do.
We have a whole section devoted to coxswains on our shop, strictly aimed toward helping you improve your game. Below are a some featured items.
- Coaching the Coxswain the original and best book on how to coach coxes and its sister books Coaching coxswains on Tough Stuff, Coaching coxswains using their audio recordings.
- Balance by Jim Flood – ebook. Jim Flood is a coach for International Olympic Committee Coach Development Programme as well as Reading Rowing Club. He writes about what it takes to balance a boat.
- Good Coxswain Guide – A log book. Use the Good Coxswain Guide Logbook to discuss your skills with your coach and crew and to monitor your progress improving your coxing skills. Part of the Good Coxswain Guide
We write all about, rowing, coaching and coxing. Below we’ve pulled together some of our top articles just for coxswains. Sign up to the Rowperfect newsletter to receive articles from the coxing world straight to your inbox.
- On Coaching Coxswains – things for coaches to do and say
- When a Coxswain Might be Too Much of a Good Thing – weight management for coxes
- Free IPhone Apps for Coxing –
- Peter Hodson Talks about the Accuracy of GPS – Get your boat speed from GPS tools
- Why Your Coxswain Over-steers and How to Stop It – technique tips on steering 8s and 4s.
- How to steer the Tideway Head – Steering guide for London UK’s river Thames head races from the cox’s seat.
Connect with the global rowing and coxing community – get our FREE weekly newsletter for rowing news, coaching advice, anecdotes, and a free monthly prize draw to one lucky reader. Prizes in the past have included free coaching and a free Coxmate SRT.