If you’re part of the flotilla of clubs heading off for training camp over the Easter break, here’s some reading which will help you make the most of your time with the crew.
Rowing Camp Photo credit Rozza Photography
- What to pack for a training camp – for athletes, for coaches and for coxswains. Also has the invaluable recommendation that you print out a daily training diary so you can record your personal performance.
- If you are doing erg testing at camp – prepare yourself. Why do rowers fear the erg?
- A sub-maximal test to predict 2k score could be good to use so you don’t exhaust your athletes on camp
- Will there be seat racing? Understand how this works and how folks “cheat” and ways to ensure fairness.
- And after camp, how will you communicate crew selection decisions?
- And will there be ergo lactate testing?
- How coaches can use Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for their coaching
- Need something to listen to on the flight / drive? The RowingChat podcast interviewed Rosie Mayglothling talking about British Rowing Technique. Or buy her ebook on the same topic for the pictures (useful).