Prompted by a great question on the World Rowing LinkedIn Group I thought Rowperfect should compile a list of Rowing Bloggers. Please add others in the comments and we will add to this resource.
Jesus Christ reminding rowers in Rio to take their finishes out square.
- Rowperfect is the Rowing Education blog covering coaching, training, coxing
Athlete Rowing Blogs
- Julien Bahrain – French speaking Canadian international
- Girl on the River – a ‘pint sized’ lightweight in Monmouth, Wales
- Old Fart Rowing by Mary Lee O’Callaghan an Australian masters athlete
- Drew Ginn – Australian former international now also cycling (a lot)
- George Bridgewater – New Zealand international who is on a comeback in 2016 for the Olympic 4x
Xeno Coach – The blog of Xeno Muller, Olympic Gold and silver medalist in the single scull and now coach to who ever is lucky enough to be able to afford him.
Megan Kalmoe is a two-time member of the United States Women’s Olympic Rowing Team.
Rowing Musings by Tom Carter is mostly about rowing and technology / gadgets
Esther Lofgren USA member of 2012 Olympic Gold Medal winning Women’s Eight
Jeremie Azou – international French athlete
- The Coxswain Perspective by Rory Copus in UK
- 9th Seat – Mary Whipple former USA coxswain gives her tips
- Coxmate – product and coaching advice for coxes and coaches by the Australian rowing electronics experts
- Coxswain Nation – a resource by Yasmin Farooq former US athlete
- Ready All Row – Kayleigh Durm focuses on US High School / University coxing skill, recruitment and training tips.
International Rowers and Rowing
- FatSculler – Daniel Spring comments on the World Champs, Olympics and Henley Royal Regatta
- Hear the Boat Sing – the rowing history blog by Goran Buckhorn
- Rowing Evolution – the historian Peter Mallory, author of The Sport of Rowing
- RowingChat – podcast interviews with coaches and rowers (also on iTunes and YouTube)
- Decent Rowing – a resource for club coaches
- Coaching Sports Today – a general coach education aide by rowing coach, Mike Davenport
- ARCSA Association of Rowing Coaches of South Africa – great archive resource of sports science coaching tips for rowing
- Rowing Stronger (Strength training) – US-based strength coach, providing articles and podcast education for rowers
- Leo Training (Strength Training) – US-based strength coach, providing articles and podcast education for rowers
- Rowing Strength (Strength Training) – US-based strength coach, providing articles and podcast education for rowers