Here’s your weekly opportunity to enjoy tales from others who also love rowing. This weekly round-up is for a short list of interesting, in-depth articles for you to read over the weekend.
This week in the rowing online news several stories caught our eye
- Rowing Related has a great post about How to Get your groove back in coaching – when you lose enthusiasm and your focus slips some recommendations on how to refocus yourself.
- Joy for Marlow Rowing Club who get support for bid for funding to rebuild after their fire. Rowperfect supported their fund raising efforts in 2012.
- Anna Watkins talks about how she shut off the media to maintain her focus during the Olympic regatta
Watkins added: ‘I switched off from Twitter and Facebook on the night of the opening cerpony and didn’t dare switch back on until we had finished.
‘It would only have taken one person to say something and it could play on your mind and disrupt your preparations and even your race. I also turned my iPhone off and switched to a £10 pay-as-you-go phone and only gave five people the number. I went cold turkey!’
- World Rowing focus on Aleksandar Aleksandrov whose Federation has just bought him 2 Rowperfects to train on
- Aberdeen University and Robert Gordon University get a High Performance rowing coach Michael Hughes, appointed
- New Zealand club has “No right to be on lake” and are fighting to maintain their club