Rowperfect is pleased to introduce car carry racks for single sculls as an addition to our range.
These racks are robust and come highly recommended by users.
Your boat is held firmly with no pressure at any point. The boat cannot move or shift. It’s a proven system that works well and is suitable to carry single scull rowing boats and/or canoes.
Rack specifications & included accessories
- Length: 2.7 metres
- Weight: 6 Kilograms
- Construction: Galvanised steel (can be stored outside indefinitely)
- Support straps: 2″ wide car seat belt webbing, immensely strong
- 1 Pair of U-bolt clamps: 75mm diameter
- 6m of hazard tape for marking the ends of the boat
Buy one from our online shop – we have them in stock now for immediate delivery.
Your car should be fitted with a pair of roof bars, which go across the car. The Boat Rack lies on these, along the length of the car.
The clamps fit around your roof bars and the rack on a diagonal, facing either way up.
Roof carrying a rowing boat
Slip the support straps onto the rack. The boat or canoe can then be placed on the rack and tied on securely as pictured.
Both ends of the boats must be marked with a rag or flag in order to comply with UK law. Six metres of hazard tape is supplied with the purchase of a rack for this purpose, although a white rag will do.
- My car roof rack wobbles
- Can I take a single scull 1x on my car?
- Should you tie down the bow ball when single scull is on the car?