We have been offered a prototype new product and want our UK readers to test it out.
The Car Roof Rack Oar carrier is designed to bolt onto a standard roof rack and has clamps for you to load your sculling or rowing oars.
Paul Doleman (who runs the Rowperfect shop and talks to you on the phone) did an initial test.
- The rack is easy to fit and it sat very nicely on my roof bars
- The blade shafts slot into the rubber mount easily and they are held securely by the straps
- I tested the rack at speeds of up to 70 miles per hour and the blades remained securely in place
- There is more wind noise than I have experienced when carrying blades directly on the roof rack. I am not sure if this noise originates from the blade holder itself of the fact that the spoon of the blade was sitting just above the windscreen. I would normally carry blades with both handles towards the front of the car, but I notice the rubber mounts have two different sized holes.
- Overall I think it is a great design.
would you like to test them too? Please get in touch.