Announcing a new addition to our shop in the ebooks section, Marlene Royle’s Tip of the Blade. Over 300 pages of expert advice, detailed technique and insights into self-improvement for athletes and coaches of our sport.
Marlene was a guest on RowingChat when she focused on Masters Rowing. The chapter titles showcase the depth of insight you’ll get from Marlene.
- Chapter 1 – basic stuff including the Basic Truth on Posture, drills for learning and perfecting skill
- Chapter 2 – Keeping on and how to get good habits and get motivated, holiday training strategies
- Chapter 3 – In Practice for how to find and improve technique, blade depth, steering a boat, rowing slow
- Chapter 4 – Drills, Drills details of drills for pressure, general performance, strength drills and racing starts
- Chapter 5 – Doing It, how to focus your training, get tougher, racing and plan your year
- Chapter 6 – Race pace and how to plan your race, the choreography of a rowing race, head racing
- Chapter 7 – Rigging Up your single in detail and how to detect problems in your rigging
- Chapter 8 – The Erg and drills for adding speed and getting a good score
- Chapter 9 – Coach Boat how to develop as a coach including video analysis