Dear Kunda, I hope this info helps: Coffee before rowing can be positive. Especially if you drink a cup of coffee half an hour before training. In summary, I guess one can say:
- coffee and the intake of caffeine stimulates the production of the hormone norepinephrine,
- your senses are sharpened and it keeps you awake.
- You feel energetic from stroke 1.
- The intake of caffeine boosts the fat metabolism. Rowers can thus conserve their valuable glycogen reserves in the muscles and the liver for longer and optimize their fat burning.
- The consumption of caffeine leads to an improved oxygen intake because it relaxes the respiratory muscles. The consumption of coffee can relieve muscle pain after exercise.
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants and protects Non-inflammatory effects on the body.
Negative effects of coffee before exercise
Not every body can tolerate coffee before physical exertion. Every athlete should evaluate the number of cups of coffee. Too much coffee irritates the mucous membranes.
- Anyone who drinks coffee before the morning exercise should take into account that caffeine activates the intestinal flora. For the sensitive, toilet flushes need to be planned.
- After consuming caffeine, blood flow to the heart can go down by as much as 22 percent.
- Consuming caffeine reduces the body’s iron-absorption capacity. Iron is needed for blood formation, a low iron level has a negative effect on the endurance performance.
A cup is perfect for me. I cannot imagine 3-4 cups before rowing.
Coffee and doping
WADA, the world anti-doping agency, introduced caffeine to the list of banned substances until 2004. Coffee, or rather caffeine, is no longer considered a drug.
Rowperfect UK Limited uses theses informations to get in contact with you. To send you updates, information about items, stories and rowing information. Please click to sign up for the newsletter.
You can change your mind any time and unsubscribe by clicking unsubscribe or contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with respect. Please find more information about data on our website. When clicking on subscribe you agree that we will that we will process the information according the mentioned terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.