Here’s your weekly opportunity to enjoy tales from others who also love rowing. This weekly round-up is for a short list of interesting, in-depth articles for you to read over the weekend.
This week in the rowing online news several stories caught our eye
- A classic typo from the Daily Mail writing about UK Paralympic rower, Tom Aggar “paralysed from the waste down”. I can think of a few athletes who also suffer waste…but it’s normally associated with excessive imbibing of poor quality plonk.
- Two great letters in the Independent about rowing facilities at Eton Dorney and the British Honours system giving out gongs to medal winning athletes [scroll down] Olympic Gold is Honour Enough and Eton rowing lake for all
- Jenn Gibbons rowed 1500 miles around Lake Michigan and got assaulted during the ride raising $113,000 for rowing boats for breast cancer survivors.
- And help needed to attribute a commemorative coin from 1972 Munich Olympics – the owner wants to know if it was minted by the hosts or Canada
- John Hill, Oxford Rowing coach pledges to help anyone interested in learning to row as part of Olympic Legacy – get in touch, could be some free coaching!
And of course, if you have news that you think other readers would enjoy – send it to us via our contact page. Each day we tweet and retweet short rowing news links that our followers are sharing – to get these follow @rowperfect on Twitter.