In case you hadn’t noticed we set a new site design live this weekend and I just wanted to give you a bit of background to what we’ve done, and why, and what we’re planning next.
What have we done?
- We’ve changed the main site navigation to use drop down menus
- We’ve changed the homepage
- We’ve added some new subsidiary pages for products like Rowperfect software, Rowing tanks and e-books
- The shop now has a “My Account” option on the menu and we have improved our security
Why have we done it?
There are two main drivers behind the updates:
1. To make it clearer to new visitors *what we do*. Sounds simple, but as you will probably know, that’s surprisingly hard. Our last homepage had some cool stuff on it but tended to confuse new visitors.
2. To make it easier, and quicker, to find the content most relevant to you. Hopefully the drop-downs allow you to scan, and get to, our content quicker.
Can you give feedback?
Yes, of course. Keen to hear any thoughts. Might be about bugs, design, functionality, navigation, CSS, accessibility issues etc. Two ways to feedback:
1. Tweet your thoughts and include the hashtag #rowperfect
2. Reply to this post
What are we planning next?
Following are what we’ve got on our immediate to do list. Again, if you’ve got any comments then feedback as above.
- Review your feedback and make any updates and changes accordingly
- Finesse the design (‘look and feel’) which we think still needs some work
All the best,
Mohit Gianchandani and Rebecca Caroe