Everyone would prefer new gear but the reality of our sport is that the equipment is expensive. However, second hand is a good option because manufacturers build to last and old gear that still works can be very effective if you are rowing on a budget.
How to choose second hand rowing gear – read Mike Davenport’s book Buy It Right which is about how to specify what you want and can afford to buy. [If you’re super-keen 43 Simple Actions Things to Do before the Season Starts – a great annual maintenance advisory list.]
Calm Waters Rowing has a useful article about buying second hand Concept 2s.
However, if you want to advertise that you’re looking to buy second hand – may I recommend a listing on
- The Rowing Service Noticeboard for mainly UK notices
- And the Reddit Rowing Group has categories for almost everything
- As does Rowing Illustrated Forums has a Classifieds page
- If you want UK listings go to the Rowing Adverts page
- Rowing Ireland has a buy / sell listings page
- In the USA the Classifieds on Row2K are worth using
- I found this site in South Africa (not sure if it’s only for home gym users)
Any other suggestions?