Rowperfect wants to share your rowing stories in a book
Everyone has a rowing story to tell. I was inspired by My Old Man, a compilation book of stories about Fathers to create Rowperfect’s latest project, Rowing Tales.
We will publish a book of rowing stories – short, long, triumph or disaster, from beginners to Olympians.
The book will have illustrations, photos and audio or video because we plan to publish it electronically and also in print format. We will use URL hyperlinks to enable MP3 recordings and videos to be shared.
Would you like to join the Rowing Tales Project?
Could be 50 words, could be 500 words. we’ll consider poems, photos with a caption, a nice line drawing. Anything that moves all of our minds on a notch.
Send over your story
Plan of Action
- Agree to take part – tell us immediately you want to take part
- Submit first draft of your Rowing Tale or Illustration by 20th September 2016
- Dialogue around editing (if needed)
- Deadline for final submissions 20th September 2016
- Editing and preparation for publication
- Publication date in time for Christmas 2016
Write to me firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com That address is for Sudip Mutt, our Partnerships Manager, who is doing the administration on this project. Make the subject of the email “Rowing Tales”.
Don’t do it
Please don’t agree to do this if you know that hitting deadlines is a problem for you. Our friendship will suffer and I’d prefer to avoid this.
It’s going to be great!