We know winter isn’t over yet – but many masters rowers will be starting to look forward to summer 1k racing. The Masters Regattas in 2019 are coming soon. So be prepared. .
Today we are publishing again our first ever training programme ebook 1K Racing – a 3 month training programme for athletes preparing to race 1,000 meter events.
1k Racing is a Specialism
Written by Marlene Royle who is a specialist masters rowing and sculling coach, we commissioned this ebook from her because we know that preparing to race 1,000 meters is what many of our readers will shortly be doing.
The programme is written in five distinct phases to suit athletes coming out of winter training (or a period of ‘resting’).
The plan is adjustable whether you train 6 times a week or 4 times a week. You can adapt it to suit your unique situation.
- Phase 1 Training – Builds the Foundation: Low stress training, good routine, gradual increases. Focus on improving technical weaknesses.
- Phase 2 Training – Early Quality: Prepare for the type of training that will be of most importance in the following phases, introduce accelerations/reps/plenty of recovery time/improve mechanics.
- Phase 3 Training – Transition Quality: Most stressful phase that is event specific and it sets you up for the final quality phase that is less stressful. Stress the proper systems for the event distance. Stay with proper training paces and do not over do it here. Avoid injury and illness. Get all tough sessions in but be flexible.
- Phase 4 Training – Final Quality: Prepare for actual race conditions. Focus on strengths. Concentrate on what you do best in the final phase of training. Be fresh not fatigued.
- Phase 5 – Taper to racing and race week training programme.
Launch special price
We have added a discount to the ebook for all orders completed during February 2018.
Further, if you are already enrolled in the Faster Masters Gold Membership Group – this is a free download included in your membership just log in and you can download it along with the 7 episodes of Faster Masters coaching, training and technique tips which we have already published.
Then scroll to the DOWNLOADS section and you will find the link in the list.
Faster Masters Members get a discount on ANY Rowperfect product as well – your coupon code is on the membership page in case you’d forgotten!
Rowperfect UK Limited uses theses informations to get in contact with you. To send you updates, information about items, stories and rowing information. Please click to sign up for the newsletter.
You can change your mind any time and unsubscribe by clicking unsubscribe or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information with respect. Please find more information about data on our website. When clicking on subscribe you agree that we will that we will process the information according the mentioned terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.