To all customers who have purchased GPS units – here is how to update the firmware (which is the operating system for the unit). The PC Analysis Software has also been updated. Download Coxmate PC Analysis Software.
If you prefer to get Rowperfect staff to do this for you – please buy Coxmate GPS Firmware update service which costs £24 plus the cost to ship back to our offices.
Please go to this folder to download two files: Product Tool v5.41 and Latest Firmware
How to Re-Programe a Coxmate GPS
There are 2 folders in the Linked file.
- ·Programming Software (ProductTool_V5.41)
- ·Firmware Application (Files in this folder have .fwu suffix)
Installing Programming Software
· Open the ProductTool_V5.41 folder and click on the Setup.exe. Follow prompts to install
Re-programming the GPS Unit
- Connect the CoxmateGPS to the PC via USB lead.
- In programme list, find folder titled ‘Media Player Product Tool V5.41’
- Open folder and click on ‘Mass Product Tool’ to start programming application.
- Once the application has started, click Import Firmware
- Select the new file, from where ever you saved the application file (.fwu suffix).
- Select Replace and Confirm
- Click Cancel on the Import DRM File dialog box
- Connect the device to the PC, and it should eventually display “Found total 1 usb device: 1 disks. 0 ADFU” at the top of the screen.
- Click download, and the program updating should start. After some time the SportsGPS will go from Upgrading, to Loading and then finally to USB connected. You should then be able to disconnect from the USB port and test the new software.
- If programming does not start, Hold both buttons down on GPS for 5 seconds, then release the button on front(just below screen) whilst continuing to hold down the other button (the On/Off button on the side) for another 5 seconds. The ‘download’ icon should turn a green/blue colour. Click on ‘download’.