It’s autumn, evenings and mornings are getting darker and so lights on your boats are essential and part of the by-laws of many rivers in the world.
Rowperfect helps you find good, reliable lights suitable for use on rowing boats.
Sold as a fund raiser for the club, these lights have different fixings and you choose which wyou want when ordering.
- Bow light, for Empacher slot
- Stern light, for rudder post or with strap
- Suction cap for bow or stern
- Pricing: All lights – £19 each, or £34.50 per pair, except stern post lights £1 less per light. Add Post & Packing – £3.20 for first pair, £1.00 additional pairs.
Rowing Boat Lights from The Bike Light Shop
A specialist for bicycles but with a page dedicated to lights suitable for attaching to rowing boats. I commend the Frog lights as I’ve had them for 4 years and never had to replace batteries!
- 12 lights including Knog Frog Lights which attach using a rubber loop around a tab so can go on a rigger
- Their Frog Gekko 3 includes a strobe option which may reassure you about being spotted from afar
- Cateye and conventional bike lights from SigmaSport LEDs also offered
- Prices from £10 to £20
- Free post and packing on UK Standard 5 day delivery – some are delivered by bike!
Based in Australia this specialist rowing company just does lights that fit into a bow number (Empacher) slot. If your river has requirements for red and green lights these are a must. We also like their long pointy light which we know from experience, is visible over medium-sized waves – and who doesn’t occasionally row on windy days and wonder why they don’t get seen?
- Bow white light with elastic lanyard to loop around the bow ball in case it falls out of the slot. It has 3 variations of 1,2 and 3 lights giving near all-round visibility. Also offered in red/green and red/green/white light combinations.
- Best value is the Laser Stik pictured which is cheapest ($18) and gives height to your light. We’ve seen similar and find they aren’t very bright in lumens.
- Guardian lights – a single light which can be clipped to a head band or belt. Come in amber or green colours.
- Prices are in Australian $ and equate to approximately £11 – 44.00 each.
Rowperfect readers can get 12% off the Bike Light Shop by using a discount code “Rowperfect” at the checkout. Enjoy!