How to wear your wellies and rain boots
Rubber boots have many names, Rain Boots, Rubber Chique and Wellies: Wellies, or more correctly, Wellington Boots are also know as Gum Boots in some places. We like the name Wellies the best: Welly boots are usually made of rubber, natural or synthetic. This makes them, when in good repair, 100% water proof ideal footwear for any wet or muddy circumstances.
There are few formal occasions when wellies are suitable. Obviously, since the fashion police don’t really exist, you won’t get into any serious trouble for wearing your gumboots to a job interview or donning your wellies for a funeral, but, you might not feel comfortable or appropriately attired in wellies in a formal setting. There are plenty of occasions, even social ones, where wellies are ideal. Here are a few times and places you can wear your wellies: In case you are short of time: Check them out in our online shop.
- The park on a rainy days
- The beaches
- How about at winter picnics?
- A Shooting Party
- Walking in the snow and in the Dirt
- Music Festivals
- Visiting agricultural sites and countryside
- walking your boat to the water
- mounting your seat and food stretchers while standing next to the boat
- cleaning your boat with the water hose
- cleaning up the club house
- watching your kids at a regatta, while rain is pouring down
Wiki/How recommends: Wear trousers, pants or jeans with your wellies.
- Wear your welly boots under the pants, trouser or jean leg – this will keep your legs and feet dry but your garments may get wet if you wade or walk in a deep puddle.
- Wear your trousers, pants or jeans tucked inside your boots – wrap the loose fabric of your trouser leg around your calf and pull your boots on over it. You’re free to walk in water that reaches just below the top of your welly now and you and your garments will stay dry.
- Wear your trousers, pants or Jeans tucked inside your socks, inside your boots. If you want to keep your trousers leg from bunching up inside your boot, pull your sock over the trouser leg and your boot over both. This is a warm and cosy way to wear wellies.
Wear leggins, even your rowing gear, a skirt or shorts or track pants with your wellies. Wellies are pretty casual attire. If you want to wear a skirt or some short with wellies on a hot day that still requires wellies, go for it. Wear anything you like and feel comfortable in. Denim fabric can look good with traditional black or green wellies.
What about the colors:
Wellies come in all kinds of colors: Black, green, red, with flowers and other ornaments. Red, Green and also black are selling well. Fashion wellies can be bought for women and children especially, although they are less common for guys. Put together your outfit including your wellies, or just wear what you like and add the wellies in the most comfortable and practical way. Here is what WIKIhow says:
- Classic Green Wellies with tan or brown corduroy trousers, a white, open collar shirt and a tweed jacket.
- Black wellies, faded blue jeans and a thick, cream or white knitted jersey or jumper
- Black fashion wellies with navy denim jeans and a lumberjack style shirt
- Shiny red wellies and a yellow sowester coat and hat, classic!
- Printed wellies, white leggings and a bright, block colour tee
- A floral dress with a full skirt and any wellies (often seen at festivals)
After all this, are there any considerations before I should buy some wellies? Yes, see this: Driving a car or motorcycle riding – wellies are not ideal for driving and motorcycling. Do not wear them if you have a choice or you feel your control of the vehicle is compromised. Mountain hiking and using Wellies as snow boots on the slopes? Please dont.
Rowperfect UK Limited nutzt diese Infos um Euch zu kontakten. Wir senden Euch Updates oder andere interessante Informationen über das Rudern. Melde Dich nun an. Klicke hier auf Newsletter.
Falls Du es Dir anders überlegst, kannst Du Dich mit einem Klick abmelden oder einfach ein Email an uns senden. Vermerke einfach – unsubscribe – senden an email@example.com. Alle Informationen werden mit Respekt und vertraulich gehandhabt. Mehr Information sind auf der Website zu finden. Drücken Sie nun Subscribe uns stimmen Sie den Bedingungen zu.
Wir nutzen Mailchimp als Marketing Platform. Wenn Sie sich anmelden wird Ihre Information an diesen Mail Provider aktiviert damit wir Ihnen schreiben können.