What News? What’s new online in Rowing
Here’s your weekly opportunity to enjoy tales from others who also love rowing. This weekly round-up is for a short list of interesting, in-depth articles for you to read over the weekend.
This week in the rowing online news several stories caught our eye
- Martin McElroy leaves Ireland to join Canadian Rowing as Performance director [not sure he was formerly British Rowing’s head mens coach though!]
- Head of the Charles claims ‘a showcase’ of global rowing talent with >100 Olympians and the ‘Grinch’ was also spotted in a double promoting his musical
- Fun time as Megan Kalmoe names 20 hottest male rowers of 2012… can you guess who the number 1 is from this excerpt?
A talented and modest oarsman with a beautiful stroke, he embodies all that is best about our sport. What I found most compelling about XXX this year was in speaking to his teammates, how highly they all regard him and how much respect they have for him. Polite, thoughtful, and completely genuine after serving as an Olympic alternate in 2008, rowed in the bow seat of the four that set a new world record at World Cup 2 ….
- Rowing Scholarships at Bedford School and Bedford hosts the largest rowing gala since the 1860s
- Fun from Tumblr Diary of a Rowing Coach – when we had to erg this morning
- and a photographer Testing an anamorphic projection lens at the Hansa Cup in Germany last month
And of course, if you have news that you think other readers would enjoy – send it to us via our contact page. Each day we tweet and retweet short rowing news links that our followers are sharing – to get these follow @rowperfect on Twitter.