Here’s your weekly opportunity to enjoy tales from others who also love rowing. This weekly round-up is for a short list of interesting, in-depth articles for you to read over the weekend.
This week in the rowing online news several stories caught our eye
And of course, if you have news that you think other readers would enjoy – send it to us via our contact page. Each day we tweet and retweet short rowing news links that our followers are sharing – to get these follow @rowperfect on Twitter.
- Matt Pinsent’s ‘six of the best’ – that used to mean corporal punishment – now its couch potato viewing.
- Teti observed during their final training sessions pre Olympic ‘Regatta of Death’. Good insight into the training and he reveals their 2k splits.
- Canadian Olympian Marnie McBean launches her new book ‘The Power of More’ and describes her Barcelona ’92 team uniform as
The outfit, in her words, was horrendous — technicolour puke. But it remains a valuable teaching tool two decades later.
- How one US University celebrated their victory as the crew arrived back at the dock.
- This is the week of the Olympic Qualifying Regatta for Europe and the Luzern World Cup 2. Entries for the World Cup regatta and the Qualifying Regatta are published.
- Oarsome paintings by Tonia Williams on show at the River and Rowing Museum
- Inaugural Womens Ivy League Rowing Champs in USA and back in the UK London Youth Rowing is shortlisted for the Observer newspaper’s Ethical Awards.