Here’s your weekly opportunity to enjoy tales from others who also love rowing. This weekly round-up is for a short list of interesting, in-depth articles for you to read over the weekend.
This week in the rowing online news several stories caught our eye
- Results from the India University rowing championships
- Ruth Rutledge – an inspiring story of a rowing Mum from Canada
- A long discussion about dynamic ergos on RSR. Worth an investment of your time. Including this quote from Carl Douglas
Some of the rpaining problps with dynamic ergs as simulators relate to:
1. Inelasticity of the connection to the power-absorption systp
2. Inability to simulate the loss-making “slip/stall” processes between
blade & water
3. Inability to match the implicit continuously variable gearing of the
4. Poor/absent modelling of the drag & inertial effects on “boat” & crew
That said, good dynamic ergs are far better rowing simulators than any
fixed erg can be.
- Champion of the Thames RC, Cambridge, UK opens the door for new recruits for rowing and coxing
- Yale’s freshman crew makes it onto Queerty website home page!
And of course, if you have news that you think other readers would enjoy – send it to us via our contact page. Each day we tweet and retweet short rowing news links that our followers are sharing – to get these follow @rowperfect on Twitter.