Starting in October – Part time – Competitive hourly rate of pay offered.
UCBC are looking for an experienced, committed and enthusiastic coach to join us for the next academic year and possibly beyond.
University College Boat Club was founded in 1827 to provide rowing facilities to the members of the University College, Oxford, the oldest Oxford college. UCBC is a competitive club among the Oxford/Cambridge rowing clubs and nationally with a friendly community of around 100 active members with many more old members which include Olympians and world champions.
We are fortunate enough to train at our own multi million pound boathouse, built in 2007, which has 3 world class boat bays, weights and indoor rowing room.
The successful applicant will:
- Create a structured training plan each term for on and off the water
- Develop the men’s squad in the first academic term and then take forward a first VIII for the next two terms.
- Have relevant coaching experience with the capacity to coach varying abilities
- Coach about 5 water sessions a week on the Isis or at Godstow, Oxford (inc. early mornings and weekends)
- Be available for competitions and potentially 3 land sessions a week
To complement our training towards the main college rowing events, Torpids and Summer Eights, we will be entering external competitions throughout the year. Examples from last year are HORR and Henley 4’s and 8’s.
Please send your CV and/or any questions to email@example.com
Performance at a trial outing will be considered in selection.
Visit our website for more information about UCBC – www.ucbc.org.uk