Tactics for a race plan – interview with Gary Hay, Rowing NZ high performance coach
- We write a plan based on what we can do not what the opposition can do.
- The crew is allowed to make subtle changes during the race based on what the opposition does.
- The coach facilitates the writing of the plan but it’s written collaboratively.
- At the elite leve the crew has to play a big part in formulating the plan
- For Clubs and Schools the coach may take the lead setting down the plan components
- Always race 100% – don’t play tactics
Anthony Edwards comments on the race plan used by Australia LM4- in detail! Fabulous stuff