We bumped into Rob McCarthy who paints the beautiful miniature oars for our shop. He told us that on his long car journeys to go to regattas, he entertains himself composing limericks on rowing themes…. read on
- For training, our coach Dik Schnocks
- Gives erg tests and sprints on the lochs
- He needs to think data
- To coach so much smarter
- So we’ll buy him a Coxmate Cox Box
Another One Bites the Dust
- A talented rower arrived from Nantucket
- Missed the RPC cut and said F^%kit
- These noddies are clever
- I’m now out forever
- To tackle that list in my bucket
Note: RPC = regional performance centre – the NZ equivalent of State Institute Rowing in Australia or the UK World Class Start programme.
Bucket List = things to do before you die!