Jimmy Joy is the ‘thinking’ coach, focused on mind, body and rowing. He integrates the psychological with the physical in his thinking and in his coaching.
In November 2017 he presented to the Rowing Coaching Conference in Sarasotsa USA “The Two Wholes / The Two Holes”. In this slide deck which he has generously shared with Rowperfect readers, he sets out some of his thinking about two different rowing styles. The classic boatman (Pocock and Fitzpatrick) versus the Modern Orthodoxy.
He leaves the reader to form her own conclusions,
Learn more about Jimmy Joy’s Rowing Philosophy
- Hanlan’s Spirit – training for flow. If you’ve every wondered what ‘flow’ is and how to teach it or do it – this is the book for you.
- The Mind’s Eye – psychology for rowing coaches and athletes
- How to stop worrying as a coach – chapter contributed by Jimmy Joy
- The Quantum Sculler – how to become the all-around sculler
- RowingChat podcast with Jimmy Joy