Use your time efficiently
As promised in my last blog post, when I wrote about the importance with planning each session, here is an example of how I plan sessions.
The key points for me are the following:
- What are we trying to achieve, physiologically and technically?
- What are the limitations? Time, water, tiredness etc.
- Focus on one thing at a time: Yes, ignore other problems and shortcomings while you work on the main goal of the outing.
- Use every minute: Warm up should be part of the session, not just a routine we do because we always do it.
- Have a structure for the session: Learn a skill or two, practice the skill, use the skill to make the boat faster.
Try to end the session on a high note.
You can download your own copy of the Session Plan and try it yourself:
Feedback and questions or criticisms welcome.