The 2011 World Rowing Championships are being held on beautiful Lake Bled in Slovenia. This is possibly the prettiest rowing course in the world with its famous island and Bled Castle 500m from the finish line. There’s a Facebook page for the regatta.
In order to give you a wide range of sources to read about different crews and national teams’ preparations for racing, Rowperfect has pulled together a list of rowing bloggers from around the world. We have done this before during the Beijing Olympics and it’s certainly interesting to see rival crews in the same event writing about how they are preparing to vie for
Rowers blogging about their preparation:
- Scott Frandsen, (Mens 2-) Canada he is also quoted here
- Tom and Pete Graves (Mens 2x) USA take a look at some 2009 video of them training.
- Ursula Grobler, (Womens Lightweight 1x) USA
- More USA and Canadian athletes are writing on the Row2k blogs page: Jimmy Sopoko, Jamie Redman, Gevvie Stone, Megan Kalmoe, Rares Crisan (Canada)
- Drew Ginn – strong and faithful to the cause (Mens 4-) Australia
- British Rowing announces their team – but it isn’t a blog.
C’mon you poms, where are your writing skills? Any more blogs out there?