Trying out demonstration products with Rowperfect
We think that the products we sell help athletes and coaches to move boats faster and improve rowing and sculling technique – but it’s important that you find this out for yourself and that’s why we encourage customers to test out our products.
This is a survey from Rohanne Thompson of Vesta RC after testing out the Coxmate SX for a fortnight.
1. What comparable equipment do you usually use ? I usually use a NK CoxBox
2. How long / how many outings did you do? I used it for 12 outings, including Quintin Head.
3. What were your first impressions? I had previously used a CoxMate GPS version in 2008 whilst at Agecroft RC. On receiving the SX I was pleasantly surprised by the size. Much more compact. Also GPS sensor now built in rather than having to attach to the stern. Two big improvements. I think the foam holder for the NK hole is a good addition. To be honest I think they could get rid of the plastic stand, I didn’t even take it out of the packet. Maybe offer it as an extra piece to buy?
Also I was impressed by the headset. It is a lot more robust that the 2008 model. Nice to have the coil in the wire to give a bit more flexibility without having to have a really long wire.
A lot of coxes I know tend to disregard an NK headband and just tuck the microphone underneath a camp. I usually do this but wasn’t able to get this to work with the CoxMate. I think this could be rectified by padding the bend in the microphone out a bit.
4. When you did your first outing was it easy to use? Very easy to use. I just turned it on and was away. It wasn’t set for the split I wanted but I was able to change this on the water during the warm up.
5. Did you do any tests to compare to your previous equipment? After adjusting the volume we felt the overall sound quality was clearer that the NK. However the coxmate volume was at 80% to achieve this where as with NK we go almost same clarity at 50% volume. The battery life was certainly not as good as our new NK coxboxes. I did a 90minute outing on a Wednesday night and then left the coxmate uncharged for my Saturday double outings. The battery ran out in the 2nd outing on Saturday. The NK would have coped with all
6. What did the coach think? Coaches were interested in the software abilities.
7. What did the athletes / cox think? They liked the ability to get splits but on the tideway we had some stream effects too. Would be interesting to use on a lake or a stiller body of water.
8. Anything else you want to tell us that could help us improve our service or product range? Maybe send out some excel examples of the data sets that can come out of the SX on cd-rom?
Overall I was really impressed.
Thanks for that, Ro. Here is a link to some of the data sets that are available with Coxmate… from Agecroft RC North of England head data