We’ve just published a new ebook on Seat Racing for crew selection and we are keen to get some reviewers. Read on to find out how.
Seat Racing can be confusing
There are a lot of different ways to run seat racing – we even found coaches and coxswains who advocate AGAINST using it for crew selection – or only using it as a secondary method.
Many athletes have stories about getting “shafted” in a selection decision and so understanding how the process works and ways to ‘game’ the system, are key to ensure fairness – Brandy Mulligan’s article covers this.
This book gives you several viewpoints so you can make up your mind about how to run seat racing (or not).
- FISA coaching manual – Crew Selection by Kris Korzeniowski
- How to: Win a seat race By Coach Jay
- Rules of Engagement for Seat Racing by Ted Nash
- Rowing 101: Seat Racing by Mount Baker Junior Crew Coach
- Rowing Seat Racing – Why Rowers Need To Be Vigilant By Brandy Mulligan
- Stop Seat Racing – The Future of Crew Selection By Frank Biller
- Coxing Seat Races Fairly by Rob Colburn
- Seat Racing Coxswains By Marcus McElhenney
- Seat Racing and Crew Selection by Valery Kleshnev
Please get in touch via the comments below if would be able to read the book (34 pages long) and write a short review on its usefulness.
We would like 3 reviewers:
- An athlete
- A Coach
- A Coxswain
Please tell us which one you represent when you apply!
Thanks in advance.