I coach mainly techniques:
- Coaching the coach,
- Sweep technique,
- Sculling technique.
- I can offer rigging suggestions based on video and provided measurements.
- Training plans for competitive preparation.
- Video analysis using SiliconCOACH
Fees and services offered
- Email – 1 unit [put 1 into the shopping cart quantities]
- Skype conversation – 3 units (due to logistics/timing) [put 3 into the shopping cart quantities]
- Video analysis (providing marked-up return video via SiliconCoach software) – 5 units [put 5 into the shopping cart quantities]
- Training Programme – 5 units/month [put 5 into the shopping cart quantities]
Coaching track record
3 seasons University of British Columbia (rowing), 2 summers Burnaby Lake Aquatic Club. Won Alberta Open M1X, M2X, M4+ (1982). Completed Masters thesis in mechanical energy patterning in sculling.
I have Level 4 coaching certificate from Rowing Canada, Coached people in their developmental stages, who have gone on to international success with other coaches: Kathleen Heddle, Brie Ellard, Rachelle (deJong) Viinberg. Coached UBC Lightweight Men, Novice Women, Novice Men. Coached Winnipeg Rowing Club, Coached Calgary Rowing Club. Provincial Coach for Saskatchewan Rowing (6 years) and Alberta Rowing (6 years). Regional Coach for Southland and Otago, NZ (3 years). Coach Development Manager for Rowing New Zealand (2.5 years).