I have coached both men, women, lightweight, Juniors, in sweep & sculling.
I have also helped many coaches with technicalities of rowing , video analysis, program designing, racing tactics, testing and helped with crew selection.
I have and enjoy taking part in training camps.
Fees and services offered
Email advice – 1 unit [put 1 into the shopping cart quantities]
Skype 3 units [put 3 into the shopping cart quantities]
Video 5 units [put 5 into the shopping cart quantities]
Monthly 10 units [put 10 into the shopping cart quantities]
When ordering add your own questions or specific requests into the “Special Information” box.
We will forward your order to John and he will contact you direct using your email and phone number.
Coaching track record
My coaching career started in 1977 working with the Danish Lightweight and Junior Squads,
DFfR Head Coach for Lightweights1981-1987
After a break of 6 years I returned to coaching at Bagsværd RC
2003-07 I was employed as Coach for the Danish Mens Squad
2008 I assisted Durham Univ, Manchester Univ, Univ of West England and Lancaster University on their training camps
2009-2012 I held the position of Head coach for Holland KNRB for the Lightweight Squad.
Having participated at many World Championships from 1978-87 and 2003-12
I have taken part in 25 finals.
My merits are 17 medals at the World Championships, 2 medals at the European Games, 2 Medals at the U 23 Games and 3 crews selected for the Oylmpic Games.
In all I have coached over 70 athletes that have represented their countries,
My Coaching results.
- 1978. Copenhagen . ML4- 4th.
- Belgrade, JM 4+ 9th
- 1979. Bled ML4- 5th.
- 1980. Hazelwinkel, ML4- Silver.
- 1981 LM 8+ Gold Munich
- LM 4- 4th
- 1982 LM 8+ Silver Lucerne
- LM 4- Bronze.
- LM 1x 5th
- 1983 LM 8+ Bronze Duisburg
- LM 4- Bronze
- 1984 LM 8+ Gold Montreal (Best Nation)
- LM 2x Bronze
- LM 4.- 4th
- New Team 1985 LM 4- 5th Hazelwinkel
- LM 8+ 7th
- • 1986 LM 8+ Bronze Nottingham
- LM 4- 8th
- • 1987 LM 4- 4th Copenhagen
- LM 8 7th
- 4 years pause from coaching
- 1992 LW 2x 7th Montreal
- 11 years pause from coaching
- 2003 M 4- 11th Milano (1/100th from OG qualifications)
- 2004 M2+ Bronze Banyolas
- 2005 M4- 4th Gifu,
- World Cup. Eton 2nd and Lucerne 3rd
- 2007 M2- 11th Munich, (Olympic Qualification)
Dutch head coach for lightweights. 2009
Results in Holland.
- At European, U23 and World Championship
- 2009 Lwt 4- 6th World Champs Poznan.
- Lwt 8+ Bronze.
- WL 2x 9th
- Lwt 2- Silver U23 Wc. Banyolas.
- 2010 Karapiro.
- Lwt 4- 5th
- Lwt 1x. 9th
- WL2x. 13th
- EuroChamps Portugal
- Lwt 1x Silver
- Lwt 2- Silver
- Lwt 4- 9th
- Lwt 2- Gold U23 Brest (BLR)
- 2011. Bled.
- Lwt 4- unable to row ( Food poisoning )
- Wl 2x. 9th
- 2012 London OG
- Lwt 4- 6th
- WL 2x. 8th
- Reserve L1x. 2nd overall