Hooray it’s time to go rowing again! In the northern hemisphere the autumn is time to get going in big boats ready for fall head racing and long distance training.
The equipment maintenance plan is essential to do first – before anything else. So set about organising a working bee for all club members.
- Sweep out the boathouse
- Get all boats onto trestles, check the span, rigger height, pitch
- Replace any worn parts – gates, wheels on the seat, shoes
- Send outboard engines to be serviced, check all rowing electronics works and batteries aren’t dead.
- Have a BBQ and pat yourselves on the back.
Now let’s start training again
Getting back in the boat means some muscle soreness, probably some blisters and hopefully no injuries.
Get a Discount on all e books
We’re offering you a discount of 25% off any ebook offered for sale in the Rowperfect shop – valid for one month, the code is NEWSEASON2018
Further Resources by Rowperfect
- Recruiting for the new season by Howard Aitken
- Choosing a new rowing club
- Train new season coxswains fast with Chelsea Dommert’s Coaching the Coxswain guide for the coach who has never coxed
- Review your last year season