Coxmate’s range of electronic assistants for coxswains was built for YOU, designed out of frustration from other products that broke or didn’t function as we wanted. We bring modern electronics technology to coxing amplification and speed measurement.
The Coxmate GPS is a high quality waterproof sports computer. It has been customised for rowing and other watersports and brings a wealth of features at a very affordable price.
The Hi Bright display with touchscreen makes set up and operation simple.
The display is configurable and there are 12 variables to select from. This includes heart rate – optional chest strap required compatible with any Ant+ chest strap.
The unit has a rechargeable lithium battery and is equipped with a USB port – protected with waterproof door. The USB port provides a means of downloading data to a PC and charging unit. A PC software package, including Coxmate PC Analysis Software and a route planning and recording package are included (a 12 month license is included- thereafter a nominal annual fee will be charged). This route planning also includes a navigation assist function – see where you are In relation to your programmed route. The unit has 3.5GBytes of data storage – over 100,000 strokes.
The unit has Workout function – up to 24 workouts with up to 99 intervals each can be programmed. In addition there is a Pace Boat function – set a speed for a virtual boat and race against it.
Also check out the optional extra Heart Rate chest strap for use with Coxmate GPS
Coxmate SX gives you speed measurement using GPS
The most sophisticated of all the rowing amplifier units on the market and has inbuilt GPS. It displays rating, stroke count, time, speed, distance and cover (distance travelled per stroke).
Measure boat speed with the inbuilt GPS or an optional impeller fitted, which can be calibrated using the GPS. Software allows post-outing analysis for coaches.
This is the unit for club crews and internationals who need boat speed feedback in order to improve their rowing technique and skills. It is used by the GB, Australian and German 8s.
Read more, including Coxmate SX brochure & SX specifications…..
PC Analysis Software
The PC software package enables data collected by the SX and HC to be uploaded to a PC and analysed. The package includes software CD, an adaptor for connecting to SX or HC with a D9 serial connector and a serial-USB converter.
- Automatic time and date stamping of records
- Ability to annotate records with details of crew, weather, etc
- Graph up to four variables, plotted against either: time, distance or stroke count
- Graph up to four records, as either a single chart or four separate graphs
- Zoom for precise reading of any point on graph
- Display synchronized video on screen with dynamic graph.
Coxmate Audio – unit only
Low cost rugged amplifier with lithium battery for long runtime.
The Coxmate Audio is a compact waterproof rechargeable audio amplifier designed for on water use. It delivers clear audio and is designed for durability. It is equipped with long lasting Li Polymer batteries and a digital amplifier for energy efficiency.
- Long lasting batteries: 12.5 watt hour rechargeable Lithium polymer gives ~12 hours runtime. Recharge time ~ 4 hours
- Digital amplifier for increased run time
- Automatic power down if speakers are not connected –voids accidental flattening of batteries.
- Automatic retention of volume setting when turned off/on.
- Short circuit protection of speaker output.
- Compatible with any of the Coxmate or Nielsen Kellerman ® speaker/loom systems, chargers and current microphones
- Provision of socket for connecting radio – enables coach to crew communication.
- Integral belt clip for belt or arm/leg- strap available- mount.
- Two way radio input for coaches
Download the Coxmate Audio brochure and operating manual from the Technical Support page.
Wiring Loom and Speakers
Using a Coxmate Wiring Loom gives you 4 speakers in an eight – providing even sound volume throughout the boat, and enabling the cox to communicate with his crew but not the competing crew alongside!
This allows four speakers for an eight and two speakers for a four. The wiring is modular enabling each speaker section to be separately tested and maintained.
They are more robust than other designs, the speakers are smaller and mount flush with the boat (no bracket to bend) and the sound quality is higher. Boat Classes & loom options.
The wiring loom design includes:
- All connectors are fitted with metal clamps for strain relief (protects against damage during connection/disconnection).
- The wiring is modular and so if one speaker fails, it is easy to replace that section alone.
- Speakers are slim, waterproof and mounted directly onto the boat without brackets thus maintaining direction of sound.
- All cables are double insulated to provide additional mechanical protection.
- All copper wires are tinned to reduce corrosion.
- All connectors are fitted with visual markers to assist in aligning of two halves during connection – “join the yellow dots”.
- Main connector is fitted with a retentive cap. This is used to protect connector when it is disconnected from the control unit.
All NK* cox amplification systems can be used with Coxmate wiring looms. The fitments to join the wires are the same and they are fully compatible.
We also sell spare batteries, car chargers, microphones and NK ‘flowerpot’ adapter foam plugs so you can use Coxmate in a boat fitted with a circular hole for a cox box. All the modular wiring loom sections are available for sale separately on the Coxmate shop.
*NK is a trademark name of Nielsen-Kellerman