The Bucket List was a great movie – but how would you apply it to rowing?
We’ve got several categories:
- Tourism – fun regattas to watch
- Exercise – fun regattas to participate in
- Beauty – awesome locations worth visiting whether there’s a regatta or not
- Boathouses – famous clubs
- Places where historic rowing events took place
- Windermere Cup – Washington State, USA
- The Boat Race – London, UK
- Great Race – Hamilton, New Zealand
- Bumping Races – Oxford and Cambridge, UK
- Volga Longa – Venice, Italy
- Canadian Henley, London, Ontario, Canada
- FISA Masters – location varies each year
- Head of the Charles, Boston, MA, USA
- Head of the Yarra, Melbourne, Australia
- Head of the River, London, UK
- Head of the Hooch, USA
- Armada Cup – Switzerland
- Silver Skiff – Milan
- Crossing Lake Geneva…. is this a race?
- Canal du Midi – France
- Heineken Cup – Amsterdam, The Netherland
- Head of the Liffey, Dublin, Ireland
- Eon Hansa Cup – Germany
- Cornish Pilot Gig Championships, Isles of Scilly
Help us out – where are other great races which should be on this list? What about South Africa, Eastern Europe…. our knowledge is lacking.
When we’ve got a fuller list – we’ll run a vote to see which you think are the best!