You’re a cox – here are all the tools you need to become better at what you do.
We have a whole section devoted to coxswains on our shop, strictly aimed toward helping you improve your game. Below are a some featured items.
- Coxmate SX Kit with GPS - Time your crew: find out what makes them slow down, speed up or lose momentum. Measure exactly how effective your calls are – what produces the greatest results.
- The Down and Dirty Guide to Coxing by George Kirschbaum - Audio CD, book and drill card.
- Loud Speaker Wiring Loom for Eight - Has four speakers instead of the traditional three, so you can get your word out loud and clear.
- Coaching the Coxswain – for your coach who’s never been a cox. Tell them to buy this book.
- Coxswain’s Rear-view Mirror for when you’re in a head race or steering a front-loading four.
- Coxswain Top Tips - Free email series by coach and coxswain Andy Probert, brought to you by Coxmate. A perfect technique refresher course, just put in your email address.
- Balance by Jim Flood - free ebook. Jim Flood is a coach for International Olympic Committee Coach Development Programme as well as Reading Rowing Club. He writes about what it takes to balance a boat.
- Good Coxswain Guide – Free log book. Use the Good Coxswain Guide Logbook to discuss your skills with your coach and crew and to monitor your progress improving your coxing skills.
We write all about, rowing, coaching and coxing. Below we’ve pulled together some of our top articles just for coxswains. Sign up to the Rowperfect newsletter to receive articles from the coxing world straight to your inbox.
- Calling All Novice Coxswains – Get Free Advice from a Pro - an email advice series
- On Coaching Coxswains - things for coaches to do and say
- When a Coxswain Might be Too Much of a Good Thing - weight management for coxes
- Free IPhone Apps for Coxing -
- Peter Hodson Talks about the Accuracy of GPS - Get your boat speed from GPS tools
- Why Your Coxswain Over-steers and How to Stop It - technique tips on steering 8s and 4s.
- How to steer the Tideway Head - Steering guide for London UK’s river Thames head races from the cox’s seat.
Connect with the global rowing and coxing community – sign up to receive our weekly newsletter for rowing news, coaching advice, anecdotes, and a free monthly prize draw to one lucky reader. Prizes in the past have included free coaching and a free Coxmate SRT.